14-18 September 2020
1. THE GOVERNMENT ONLINE CAREER FAIR
In celebration of the 120th Philippine Civil Service Anniversary, the Civil Service Commission (CSC), in partnership with JobStreet, will conduct the 2020 Government Online Career Fair (or GOCF). The GOCF is an online event in which government agencies and jobseekers meet in a virtual environment to exchange information about job openings for a limited duration, or for one week.
Government agencies from any region shall identify and prioritize critical or hard to fill job vacancies and its specific requirements. Jobseekers from any region in the country may file their applications online to their selected agency and submit the requirements.
The 2020 GOCF aims to:
a. market highly qualified civil service eligible to government agencies
b. recruit and place talented graduates and job seekers in the government service;
c. provide an opportunity for government agencies to advertise and facilitate filling-up of urgent and/or critical or hard to fill positions; and
d. promote easy access to employment opportunities in government service for jobseekers from all over the nation
3. DATE OF THE EVENT
The Government Online Career Fair shall be accessible on 14-18 September 2020 through a link (slider) posted in the CSC website. The GOCF shall be co-managed by CSC and JobStreet.com. Applicants from all over the Philippines or may join or participate in the event.
4. GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATING GOVERNMENT AGENCIES
All government agencies, including local government units, State Universities and Colleges, Government-Owned and Controlled Corporations, may join the GOCF and must:
a. Have an Internet connection;
b. Have a hotline mobile number for immediate response;
c. Identify a maximum of ten (10) urgent and/or critical or hard to fill positions requiring immediate hiring. (Note: During the job fair, applicants will still have the option to take a look at other vacant positions within the agency through a link directing them to the agency website.)
Applicants may also visit other job vacancies in the CSC website through the link http://csc.gov.ph/career/.
Note: positions offered must have already complied with the publication and posting requirements on or before the start of the event, i.e., 14-18 September 2020.
d. Join the event by completing first the online Agency profile through the link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CPPGovPHOCF starting 1 July 2020 and shall end on 14 August 2020.
Agencies must provide their complete contact details and focal persons to respond to queries from the job applicants.
with the Subject: GOCF on or before 14 August 2020.
(Note:Email link is already available in the Agency Profile.)
Reminder: Participation in the GOCF shall be confirmed only upon 1) Completion of the profile and submission of the 2) Agency Logo and 3) Job Listings.
|1. Header Banner||(960 x 250 pixels, High Resolution);|
|2. Agency Photos||(Min. 350 x 250 pixels, height at least 115 pixels, High Resolution;
around 350KB each; 2-10 showing your various activities, workplace,
awards; around 350kb each);
f. Complete initial review or assessment of the documents submitted by job applicants from receipt of their application; and
g. Respond promptly to inquiries of job applicants or inform them of the status of their applications within the event period;
Upon completion of the agency profile and submission of the needed requirements, an email or notice from the JobStreet.com will be received with an access codes to their JobStreet SiVA account.
Any inquiries on the creation of account may be responded by JobStreet through their email address or Telephone No. Training materials via webinar or Power Point presentation on how to post vacant positions, monitor and review online applications and creation of template reply to job applicants shall be provided by JobStreet. The participating agencies have to complete the training (one time) from within 1-11 September 2020. Schedules of webinar training will be confirmed by JobStreet starting on 28 August 2020.
5. GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATING APPLICANTS
1. The job applicant must have an account with the JobStreet.com. If the applicant has no account, the applicant must create an account by visiting JobStreet.com.ph. Simply click the “Free Sign Up” icon flashed on the screen and follow the instructions provided by the system;
2. In the web browser, key in http://www.csc.gov.ph/. Click the icon/banner 2020 Government Online Career Fair (GOCF) to be redirected to the GOCF Landing Page;
3. Download the Personal Data Sheet (PDS) (Excel format) in the same page and accomplish the data required in the PDS and upload to e-resume’ (one time);
4. View participating agencies and access their job listings to choose preferred positions to apply; and
5. Submit application through Apply Button located at the bottom page of the agency posting.
(Note: The agency shall conduct the initial assessment and notify the job applicants through email or text message the status of the application and/or additional instructions or requirements to be complied by the applicant.)
At the end of the event the participating agencies shall submit to ERPO through email the attached (Annex 2 – Statistical Report on the No. of Applicants Processed) on or before 15 December 2020.
Both reports shall be formally indorsed by the Head of Office/or any of its representative attesting that the data reflected in the said reports/forms are based on their official records. The indorsement may be scanned and converted into PDF form and shall be submitted to ERPO through email together with the electronic copy in excel format of the Annex 1 or Annex 2.
Note: The Annex1 and Annex 2 forms may also be downloaded through the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MDAV_8YSGx2Tcjlsk44dPmevR1PJ4JlLdhNk8hs-p8o/edit?usp=sharing.
7. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT PRINCIPLE (EOP)
The CSC highly encourages application from qualified interested persons, including persons with disabilities (PWD), members of indigenous communities, and those from any sexual orientation, gender identity and expression (SOGIE).
8. COMPLIANCE TO THE FIRST TIME JOBSEEKERS ASSISTANCE ACT
All applicants who are considered first time jobseekers as defined under CSC Resolution No. 2000363 dated 21 February 2020, Circularized under OM No. 14, s. 2020 shall be entitled to a waiver of fees and charges in the issuance or authentication of a copy of Certificate of Eligibility. Should the record of the Commission show that the person has previously requested a COE but has not been employed yet and still qualifies for the benefits provided by the First Time Job Seekers Act, they can still be given the requested certificate for free, provided, they complied with the following requirements:
1. Any applicant claiming to be a first time jobseeker as contemplated in the First Time Jobseekers Act must secure and present barangay certification stating that he/she is a first time jobseeker;
2. The applicant must be a Filipino citizen, actively looking for employment and resident of the barangay issuing the barangay certification for at least six (6) months; and
3. The validity of the barangay certificate shall be one (1) year from the issuance.